While searching for an Affordable Web Design company – your choices are plenty. Do a simple search on Google, Yahoo or Bing and you will see that there are many many firms all claiming to deliver “Affordable Web Design” services. So, how do you filter out the bad from the good without losing focus on the most important aspect – your website design project?
In this article I will try to de-mystify the process of finding the most Affordable Web Design firm that will deliver the project on time and within your set budget:
Affordable Web Design
Know thy project
One of the most common mistake that you could do is go after your dream without really giving it much thought. If you have an existing business (brick and mortar or otherwise), it is a little easier to figure out what your expectations are from the website. But, if it is a new idea or concept that you would like to implement, it becomes imperative that you follow the following steps:
Affordable Web Design – Checklist
- Write down your goals – without these, you will not know when you have reached your mark
- Do your research on viability of your idea- this is tedious but necessary
- Plan short and long term mile-stones
- Check out your competition
- Run your ideas by people you trust – don’t be blinded by your own idea – a 2nd. opinion can save you a lot of grief
- Define your own budget
- And finally – make sure you know your audience
Armed with the above mentioned checklist – you are now in a better position to seek out the best partner to do the actual implementation.
So many to choose from…
Since there are a lot of companies vying to get your Affordable Web Design business, it is important to set your own criteria. If you are not prepared, you will most likely be influenced by what the company will tell you making it difficult to keep focus on your own needs. Once again create a list:
Affordable Web Design – functionalities checklist
- What are the most important function of the new website?
- List of core fucntionalities – contact form, booking calendar etc.
- A list of nice to haves
- Your time-frame for going live
- Your level of involvement in the project
- Search Engine Optimization
Armed with the above information – you are in a much better position to find and hire an Affordable Web Design company. It is now time to hit the internet to search for one.
In the next article we will talk about what resources are available to find the best companies and how to read reviews online before writing the first check<