Introduction to our Website Design Process
Many people ask us, how we can deliver such great quality service consistently at such affordable rates. The answer is deceptively simple: We do everything in our power to understand your requirements thoroughly before we start writing a single line of code. So, in other words, we spend considerable amount of time with you, our customer, understanding your exact requirements – be it website design service, logo creation or Search Engine Optimization. This upfront investment of time on our part ensures that we have very solid plan of action – whose chances of failure become negligible.
1. We learn your requirements
We spend as much time as necessary with you to understand your requirements. Often, clients have a very good understanding of their particular project and business goals. However, the same client may or may not have the technical expertise to implement the business plan into practice. That is where we come in, through interviews we determine your business goals and help you understand the various ways (technically) those goals can be put in practice.
It has been our finding that the more time we spend on this step, our project becomes more and more streamlined – saving you money and time.
2. We create a draft and get your sign-off
We specialize in taking your requirements and creating a technical road-map that complements your concept. We are able to do this because we work hard to understand your business and not just your requirements. After several interviews with you, we create a draft design that may not have all the bells and whistles of the finished product but will clearly demonstrate our understanding of your requirements. We involve you in every step of the website design process. Most of the time, we get this correct the first time, but if we don’t exactly get it the first time around, we continue to work with you to polish this initial design mock-up.
Depending on how complex or extensive your requirements are, this process can last 1 to several interviews. We prefer meeting you face-to-face but often we conduct these interviews by phone or online.
Your biggest value of working with Boston Webdesign, LLC. is that you, he customer, is always involved in the website design process. Once we get a sign-off on the draft, we are ready to move to the actual physical design.
3. We work with you to get the design “just right”
This is a very important step. Although code can be complex, design is much more difficult to settle on. Unlike code, design of a website always remain front and center. And since design is what your end-users will see, it is imperative that we get it just right and to your liking.
We work with you to keep polishing the design till you are satisfied. Usually, this is the longest process and depending on how quickly you can settle on the design, your project can gain significant time-advantage from this. It is not uncommon for revising parts of the design several times (within reason) until you can sit back and say, “This is it.”
Your investment of time in this phase will impact the entire project positively. We suggest that you take several opinions from your partners and colleagues because a fresh set of eyes always discovers things that you may miss.
4. We work on writing the code that will bring your concept to life
Just because this is server side work, does not mean that we develop this in a vacuum. We involve you in every-step and whenever possible as you to QA the site and ensure that we are on the correct path.
Depending on the project scope this can take few days to several months. But don’t worry, before you sign up with us, we will provide you with a detailed project paln of the website design process.
5. Once you test our work, we upload your site and make it live
Ok we are almost there. We have worked with you to understand your business needs. We have explained our design process. Created a draft and got your sign off. Created the physical design and code to power your site. What remains is the webmaster tasks to get your site live.
We will do the following for you
- Help you with a domain name and acquiring it – this is crucial for Search Engine Optimization. We recommend that you use Godaddy as your domain register – we have used them since 2004 without any problems.
- Get you hosting – a host is where all your files and database reside. We will help you choose and set up the best and cost-effective hosting package based on your needs and traffic projections. One of the hosting providers we use and have only great things to say about is Hostgator.
- We connect your domain name with hosting (change required DNS entries)
- Set up databases and file structure for proper website operation.
- Create new email accounts for you.
- Submit your site to ~140 search engines…
- Spend time with you training you on the operation of your site
As you can see, we work with you every step of the way to ensure that you not only understand the website design process, but also become familiar with administration of your website.